Thursday, February 25, 2010

in a pickle

Those who know me well know that I like to eat my grilled cheese sandwiches with BBQ chips, chocolate milk, and dill pickles. Tonight just so happened to be one of those nights when I enjoyed such a meal. Now some may think this to be an odd combination of foods, my husband included, but it was how I was raised. I remember having said meal on many occasions, especially during the summers.
Well, tonight as I was trying to enjoy my dinner, Kaydance began to get a little fussy. I had her sitting in her walker beside me with toys and such to entertain her. But of course, all she wanted was what I had. I decided to give her a pickle to see what she would do, and to occupy her with something so I could enjoy my dinner. She LOVED it! She didn't even make a face or anything. She was pretty upset with me when I took it away, but she was getting pretty dirty... check out her shirt!



Looks like she's on her way to growing up on the same meal I did!

On another note, we also gave her a lime one night (again, part of our dinner), and she loved that too. We were sure she was going to make a sour face, but she didn't even flinch. She only started to cry when the juice got in her dry little cheeks.... poor girl!



She's just TOO cute!!

1 comment:

Levi and Cassie Mallory Family said...

It sounds like you have a Michael on your hands. We gave Michael all kinds of things hoping for that cute pucker face, but it never happened. He eats pickles, lemons, red pepper flakes, and even hot-n-spicy pork rinds with a smile and asks for more.