Thursday, January 15, 2009

Armed and Dangerous?



Hey everyone! Thought is was time for me to post something on "our" blog. The picture might be fuzzy, thats because it was taken on my phone. But if you cant tell that is me at the helm of a MK 19 last weekend. It is a fully automatic grenade launcher capable of 350 rounds per minute with an effective range of 2200 meters. Each grenade fired has a kill radius of five meters and will pierce armor up to two inches thick. Pretty cool huh!?! As you can see we are inside so I didn't get to fire it. In fact, we don't even have ammo for it and probably never will. Bummer! I guess that is the way it goes when you are in a fuel unit as opposed to the infantry. But I could still feel the power just sitting behind it. We also set up the 50 cal. It was kind of fun, but mostly just another boring drill weekend.

No comments: