Wednesday, December 28, 2011

December

December has been such a great month! We have had so much fun doing things and spending time together. We started the month off with our ward Christmas party. Unfortunately, Trevor was at drill that weekend. I swear, he misses everything because of drill. Luckily, he only has 3 more drills left and we'll be done with the ARMY for good! Anyway, Santa came to the party and Kaydance was so excited to get to see him until we actually went to see him. Once she caught a glimpse of him, she was pretty hesitant. I'm surprised she was even smiling in this picture. She told him she wanted "toys and presents" for Christmas.



Later that evening, it was the annual Electric Light Parade. All the businesses on Main Street turn off their lights for the parade. It was fun to take Kaydance to that, but it was so cold.



A few days later we put up our tree and decorated it. Kaydance loved helping put the bulbs on. We couldn't stop laughing because everytime she said bulb, it sounded like "boob." She's too cute!


Christmas day was a long one and we were running non-stop from 8 am until 11 pm. Kaydance was such a trooper, even without a nap. She was so excited to see what Santa Claus had brought her and loved opening all her presents. She got spoiled, like always. We had a great day together as a family, though.



We went on a hike a few days after Christmas with my sister and her soon-to-be-husband. The weather was beautiful, but I remember the hike being a bit easier last year. Then again, I wasn't 7 months pregnant last year. Trevor packed Kaydance around in a backpack and I felt kind of bad for him carrying all that extra weight until I remembered I was packing around 35 extra pounds too! I haven't been great at taking pictures during my pregnancies, but this one will have to do. I'm 30 weeks here.


I think that's about all. What a great couple of weeks to wrap up the year. Bring on 2012!

3 comments:

Knutson Family said...

Kaydance is such a doll! The girls miss her :)

We Krazy Knuts said...

That's so fun!! Merry Christmas!

Rappleye Family said...

CUTE PICS!!